Mano A Mano Project
The Mano A Mano Project was created by two brothers, João and Márcio Costa, born and raised in Oliveira de Azeméis, who like adventure and challenges.
Their will to show the values of their generation and prove to society that with commitment, work and persistence one can achieve anything, led to the creation of the Mano A Mano Uniraid Team in 2019.
This project sees UNIRAID as an opportunity to not only help people in need but to also bring attention to events of a similar scope. It gives people the opportunity to contribute to the success of this project by becoming sponsors, donating humanitarian supplies, or through following and sharing information on social media.
The goal is to cross Morocco through the Dakar route and deliver humanitarian supplies to the villages and schools most in need.
UNIRAID is organized by a multidisciplinary team with vast experience organizing and participating in similar competitions in Africa, together with the collaboration of entities such as Oasis 4x4.
Albert Margarit is in charge of UNIRAID. He is the director of IRIDIS TRAVEL, a travel agency which specializes in these type of events.
In Portugal we can count on Miguel Agostinho, a businessman, entrepreneur and adventurous person with many years of experience in the world of raids and, above all, a passion for training and challenges.
9 days of rally in a total of six stages, starting in Tangier and covering about 2500 km, in addition to two days of connection and a day of rest in Marrakech.
Students between 18 and 28 years old, using a car over 20 years old and without GPS, only with a roadbook, a compass, two drivers and an adventurous and collaborative spirit.
After their success in the last edition, they felt fulfilled and motivated to once again participate in this challenging humanitarian adventure.
Never forgetting why they drove to Morocco in the first edition, they have decided to return, with not one but three cars! Their mission is to reach more children, schools, people, companies and institutions.
Each of the brothers will drive a car, sharing this experience with two new partners. The third car will be driven by their father, participating in the masters category and keeping the essence of the project alive.
Instituitions and People
and School Supplies
by Mano A Mano
Media and Public Events 2019
- Two times interviewed in Radio/Newspaper/OnlineTV from Oliveira de Azeméis - Correio de Azeméis + Azeméis FM / TV: I, II
- Appeared on MAGG, an Observador's digital magazine: "UNIRAID. Estes dois irmãos vão participar num rali solidário exclusivo para estudantes"
- Appeared on University of Porto News page: "UNIRAID: a aventura solidária exclusiva para estudantes"
- Presentation of Mano a Mano Project in a Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto Event.
- Appeared on the cover of the national Peugeot 205 Club Facebook page during a week.
- Two weeks exhibition in Intermarché Oliveira de Azemeis and Stand HugoCar - two of our main sponsors.
- Saturday: Tangier - Meknes
- Sunday: Meknes – Beni Tajite
- Monday: Beni Tajite – Tazzougert
- Tuesday: Tazougert - Erg Chebbi
- Wednesday: Erg Chebbi - Mahre
- Thursday: Mahre - (Marathon Stage)
- Friday: (Marathon Stage) – Marrakesh
- Saturday: Marrakesh (Rest Day)
- Sunday: Marrakesh – Tangier
Clothing and Shelters
Who wants to help?
If you want to be a part of this project and help us help, you can do it remotely! We will schedule material pick-up points in conjunction with other UNIRAID 2020 teams, get-togethers, prize draws, test drives on our highly equipped custom cars that we will take on this adventure and more! Stay tuned to our social media or contact us directly through them.
Any help is very welcome! Contribute with what you can through the payment methods mentioned below. The links are associated with the account of one of the team members, Baltasar Aroso, and all the funds raised through these donations will be used in support of this volunteer project.
+351 917 635 750
- Beneficiary: Baltasar Aroso
- BIC/SWIFT: REVOGB21
- IBAN: GB97 REVO 0099 7068 4441 49
Account Holder: Baltasar Aroso
Account Number: 8310406617
Routing Number: 026073150
Wire Transfer Number: 026073008
- Pedro Costa, 45 years old
- Christopher Ferreira, 33 years old
- João Costa, 23 years old
- Baltasar Aroso, 23 years old
- Márcio Costa, 20 years old
- Beatriz Matos, 19 years old